Thursday 24 October 2013

Groundcover: Forget-Me-Not

Forget-me-not makes a fantastic groundcover for areas that get a lot of shade. It will bloom in part shade or full sun but it does tend to wither in full Saskatchewan sun. It is a biennial that self-seeds so it does not take long to grow from a few plants into a very large patch. My patch has white and blue flowers. The blue flowers fade to pink so at more than one point each year, there are 3 colours of blooms in this spot. I grow Forget-me-not in 2 spots here. This shady spot, under trees and with Hosta and in a sunny spot where it needs afternoon protection provided by an old slide. One of the nicest things about Forget-me-not is that you can pretty much ignore it and get at least 3 waves of blooms in a single patch. If you treat it nice, you will get more! 

contributed by member Danielle Carrier

No comments:

Post a Comment