Saturday 6 July 2013

Getting by with a little help from a friend.

Here is a project I just finished for a friend. She was sad because health issues made it impossible for her to bend down to garden. I asked if I could design a raised bed garden for her. She was quite delighted. The two of us strongly believe in recycling, so I began with a lavender bath tub my son was only too glad to get rid of. I built a frame with 2x6's to support the weight and clad the outside with cedar siding from my grandmother's abandoned home. It matched her house quite well. We filled it with a combination of top soil, 20 year old manure, peat moss and perlite. She went out and as she put it "got carried away" with filling it with tomatoes, eggplants and oregano (she is Italian after all). It is waist height so she doesn't have to bend at all.

Blog post and photo by member Alan Mlazgar. See more member photographs in our gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment